Table Of Contents
- Download a Python version from: https://www.python.org/downloads
- Run the Python.exe file
- Checkbox "Add Python to PATH" to be added to the search path so you could enter python from anywhere in your filesystem
- Select "Customize Installation"
- Where to install it:
- I suggest to create a Python folder at the c: drive root level and create a dedicated Python version folder in this folder.
- Over time, you might need various Python versions.
- This is an easy to remember path structure.
- Click Install in the Customize window
Add Python path to PYTHONPATH Env variable
Note: To be able to use packages that you install by PIP, you need to add the site-packages path to the PYTHONPATH env variable
- Right click on the Windows start icon at the lower left corner and enter: control sysdm.cpl
- Select the Advanced tab
- Then click on Environment Variables
- Select System Variables, Path and click on Edit
- Browse to the c:\Python\Python37 folder and add it
Where Is pip.exe
Pip is located in c:\Python\Python37\Scripts
How To Use pip
Install: pip install <package name>
Install/Upgrade same time: pip install -U --no-cache-dir <package name>
Where are pip packages installed